Frequently asked questions
Below is some important information about my photography
packages and other items of note...
PACKAGES, PRICING & PAPERWORK:
- Deposits are required for all of my photo shoots in order to secure your date and time slot. In general, the deposit is about 25% - 30% of the total cost of the photo shoot. The remaining balance + Maine State sales tax is due upon photo delivery. After culling and editing, all photos will be delivered via an online gallery and will have a watermark on them. Once the balance is paid, the watermark will be removed! Both the deposit and the balance will be billed via invoice from Quickbooks. You can pay by bank withdrawal or credit/debit card. If for some reason you don't receive an invoice for your deposit (or the remaining balance after photo delivery) within 24-48 hours of booking a photo session date with me, please let me know. Sometimes invoices show as sent on my end but do not process through to my clients, so a quick re-send of the invoice usually does the trick! I often times just re-send things anyways just to be sure, but I try to do everything efficiently so let me know if something doesn't come through in a reasonable time frame! Your deposit goes toward the final invoice. In general, the deposit is refundable up to 2 weeks prior to the photo session unless otherwise noted/discussed. With less than 2 weeks notice, this will impact my ability to book another session to recoup the cost of lost wages.
- In general, most of my photo sessions are done within a 30 mile radius of Brunswick, Maine. I am more than happy to travel farther than 30 miles from my home base, however there will be an additional travel fee (and potential accommodation fees for small events (i.e. a small wedding several hours away)). Travel fees are based off of the latest reimbursement rates established by the federal government.
- Photo sessions that are 2 hours or longer, small events, group headshots, etc. will all require a signed contract which will be sent (and can be signed & returned) electronically.
ACCESSING IMAGES & OPTIONS AFTER THE SESSION:
- Following the session, clients will be able to download any and all images from their photo session. You may opt to print your own images or you can order prints through my website (see next point below). Although I do not require people to order images through my site, I HIGHLY recommend it because in my personal experience, "big box" stores and "big box" online print-labs do not provide a quality product to accurately reflect the professional images produced by professional photographers. The print lab that I use for my business and personally is Mpix, they produce high-quality prints, wall art and albums.
- Prints are available for purchase through my site through my preferred online print lab. Here's a really helpful video about how to order prints: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKK04zQbuUw
PHOTO SESSION LOCATIONS:
- Most of my photo sessions are done outside, year-round! However, I am able to do photo sessions on site at client's homes or offices. I may also be able to arrange an indoor location for photo shoots with enough notice (i.e. headshots). Please let me know of any needs you have when booking. I always to my best to be accommodating!
PHOTOGRAPHER USE OF PHOTOS:
- Unless otherwise noted or requested, any photos taken by Amy Lewis may be used for advertising and marketing purposes including but not limited to: social media posts, flyers, business website, portfolios, etc. Identifying information like names, addresses, etc. will not be used.
HEALTH AND ACCESSIBILITY INFORMATION:
- If we are doing a photo shoot together indoors and if you would like me to wear a mask, please just ask! I am happy to do so!
- If someone in your party needs to have an accessible location for photos, please let me know! I am happy to help arrange a location that has flat surfaces, places to sit periodically, restrooms, etc. Please let me know! I want to make sure everyone feels comfortable!