One thing that a lot of people may not be fully aware of....
is just how much of an impact that professional photography can have in terms of home sales and vacation rental income. Take a look at some of these statistics which I have taken from PhotoUp.net:
- 72.2% of Realtors report that high-quality photography helps them win more listings.
- 83% of buyers said pictures are very important in helping them choose which homes they will visit.
- Sales agents who use professional photographers earn twice as much commission compared to others.
- 61.3% of brokers believe high-quality photography is ‘crucial’ for selling homes.
- Property listings featuring high dynamic range (HDR) photos sell 50% faster and increase online views by 118%.
The website also goes on to add that unfortunately:
- Only 35% of agents employ professional photographers.
- And of those sales agents who do use photography, only 15% of real estate professionals use high-quality photography.
- Even more shocking, half of over $1 million properties use poor-quality photographs.
With all of that in mind, take a look at these statistics:
- About 32% of homes with high-quality photographs sell faster than those without visuals.
- Homes with a single photo spend an average of 70 days on the market, while listings with at least 20 images sell within 1 month.
- Photos help with offer prices — homes featuring professionally edited photos receive 47% higher asking prices per square foot.
A lot of this striking information can also be applied to rental and income properties, such as Air B & B and VRBO. Professional photography plays a critical role in not only potential renters actually looking at the property as a place to stay but also in turn leads to more bookings.
So whether you are a realtor, a broker or own a vacation rental property, consider professional photography. In addition to my portrait photography services, I am also excited to offer real estate and commercial photography services. Please reach out to me to get a quote and learn more about my offerings!